Welcome to the class blog of COM 315! This course adderssses the specific challenges involved in communicating complex, technical information to both lay and experienced audiences. Throughout the semester, we will be reading several journal articles relating to how presenters can communicate complex ideas in a clear and understanding way. Students are required to reflect on these articles in the blog, as well as apply the readings to real-world instances.

Calendar of Events

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

science

The article though lengthy, gave me great insight for my future writings and speeches that I will be producing. It was intereesting to see how the author pointed out that the grammer of the writing became simpler in comparison to the level of technical information provided. If this is acceptable practice than I will just start trying to use more technical terms in my writing to help cover up my inability to use proper grammer and sentence structure while helping to eliminate chances of errors. I think that one of the main points of the article is to bring to light the importance of properly writing and conveying the technical information you have. If you can present a paper that satifies the technical aspect needed while making it an easy read(cliche), than you have accomplished your task.

RBarber

No comments: