Welcome to the class blog of COM 315! This course adderssses the specific challenges involved in communicating complex, technical information to both lay and experienced audiences. Throughout the semester, we will be reading several journal articles relating to how presenters can communicate complex ideas in a clear and understanding way. Students are required to reflect on these articles in the blog, as well as apply the readings to real-world instances.

Calendar of Events

Thursday, August 30, 2007

The Speech to Explain Difficult Ideas

The author makes several good points. These three types of explain material can be very useful depending on the topic being spoke about. I found this reading interesting because I figure after having written so many papers and speeches throughout my years at school that I would inherently do what the author talks about. Although it's one of those things that I didn't really know the reason behind it, why it is we explain the way we do. I found this article interesting in its own way.

No comments: