Welcome to the class blog of COM 315! This course adderssses the specific challenges involved in communicating complex, technical information to both lay and experienced audiences. Throughout the semester, we will be reading several journal articles relating to how presenters can communicate complex ideas in a clear and understanding way. Students are required to reflect on these articles in the blog, as well as apply the readings to real-world instances.

Calendar of Events

Friday, September 28, 2007

Plan for Speech 2 Revisions

I gave a speech about WAAS last Wednesday and have been thinking about a few ways to improve the presentation when I give it again next week. The first thing I want to focus on is keeping my rate of speech and volume at a more reasonable level. When I spoke last week I felt like I was having to cram a lot of information into a short amount of time. As a result I had a rushed pace at certain points of my speech.

I also want to find the original source for the classification of WAAS into the space, ground and user segment. I found out about this classification on Wikipedia and thought it was an excellent way to aid in the explaination the WAAS system. I have not found the original source yet but I will continue to search this week. Let me know if you all have any other suggestions or information you would like me to include in the second round of speeches.

John Dale

No comments: