Welcome to the class blog of COM 315! This course adderssses the specific challenges involved in communicating complex, technical information to both lay and experienced audiences. Throughout the semester, we will be reading several journal articles relating to how presenters can communicate complex ideas in a clear and understanding way. Students are required to reflect on these articles in the blog, as well as apply the readings to real-world instances.

Calendar of Events

Friday, September 7, 2007

Today's class and Ch. 12 Reading

Today's class was helpful in giving more of a guided structure to how our speeches should be prepared as an outline. It was helpful and gave me a better idea of how my speech should be organized. Also, the Ch. 12 reading was interesting and relevant to our material of technical communication. I enjoyed it and could relate and apply the author's findings to real life scenarios. Ellucidating explanations and quasi-scientific solutions were reintroduced this week and I can now identify what each term means and use them in my speech to have a more comprehensive audience.

1 comment:

Travis Carpenter said...

I agree with the fact that today helped as far as outlining goes. I was kind of blurry on the subject before, but I feel much better now.